What a week it has been! Carter and I do NOT do well being stuck indoors! The first day it was iced over, he woke me up fully dressed saying "Where are we going today, mom?!" Two days later...still at home! We have made some pretty amazing tents, tons of yummy food, and loads of artwork! Averi stays pretty content. She just goes around the house tasting everything. We were trying to think of all the things she has eaten this week...dog food, candles, crayons, and a leaf top the list! Still doesn't compete with the Junebug she enjoyed a few months ago! Crazy thing is...she's been the healthiest of us all.
I would love any fun indoor activities to add to the list for the next ice day! Please share!
Happy Friday! Hope your weekend is full of fun!
6 comments:
We braved the ice both days to make it to the gym- my kids don't do well being cooped up!
Here are a few of our favorites:
red light green light
making slides from couch cushions
hide and go seek
making their own pb&j
coloring art to mail out to g-parents
We made paper snowflakes,s'mores, play-doh.
I also made Caroline her own box with stickers, paper, felt, ribbon, etc. so that she can use her imagination to create things on her own.
I thought that's what Noggin and Playhouse Disney were for...you mean you're supposed to entertain the little guys when you're stuck inside?? I guess you should just move down here by me so that you don't have to worry about ice days.
Actually I always stock up on those foamy sticker craft sets that Michaels sells for cheap and pull those out for Rhett when I need an activity. Good luck coming up with fun stuff Super Mom!
Sounds like fun. I will come eat yummy food with you any day, Carter :)
Well, on top of the ice days, I think I had the flu! So, Beau got to watch alot of TV and got to play alot of Wii! The only thing I could do was lay on the couch and play "volleyball" with a red balloon! Luckily, my Mom came to the rescue and Beau got to spend the night in Anson!
Hey, even though we are in Korea, we are experiencing the same thing. We have finally been above freezing for the past week or so and it is so nice to finally get out with the kids. Of course, no matter the weather my kiddos want to go out to the neat playgrounds around our home, but mommy is the one who is the wimp and doesn't want to stand out in the cold and push a swing. Well, I am glad the weather has turned around for you guys too. I am so glad to keep in touch through our blogs. Your kiddos are so sweet and getting so big. I am looking forward to seeing you this summer when we stop in Abilene. Take care!
Post a Comment