We began the day with a doctors appt. thinking Carter had a sprained ankle. It is ending in the hospital room...which we have made into our home for awhile and where I can't go to sleep right now. What a stressful day it has been! For those of you that deal with children and doctors all the time...I have lifted up numerous prayers today for you.
After labs, x-rays, and a MRI, Carter has a serious infection in his foot/ankle. Our doctor told us to plan on being in the hospital one week but we could be here up to four weeks. I can't even imagine how we're going to keep a 3-year old (that doesn't even like TV) here one day!
The Lord has been so faithful! My first prayer was just "Lord, take care of my baby!" and he has done that. Then I started praying "Lord, please don't let me cry in front of Carter" and he did that. Then I prayed "Lord please let him be okay with getting and IV" and he took care of that. Then it was "Please let him lay still through the MRI" and he did. Then the one I was praying all day "Lord please let it NOT be something terrible" and it's not...he will be running and playing ball again before we know it. God is faithful to us!
And our wonderful family and friends...we have had Averi taken care of all day, tons of food, phone calls, toys galore for Carter, and I went home to find a freshly mowed yard. We are beyond blessed!
To all the moms...hold your baby tight and thank God for them tonight!
7 comments:
I'll be praying for Carter to be healed quickly!!! And for you and Adam too. Take care.
We are paraying for Carter and your family. We hope that the stay in the hospital will fly by and he will be running and playing in no time.
I will be praying for strength for all of you guys and healing!
We will be praying for Carter and for you guys! Get well soon!
All of you are in our thoughts and prayers. If you need anything at all, don't hesitate to call me!!!
Bless his sweet little heart (and yours, too). We had no idea Carter was in the hospital! We will be praying for him and his little ankle. What a strong mom you are! Would he be up for a visit sometime?
i'm praying for Carter to get well very soon...and for you and Adam as you help your little angel and wait for healing! God is faithful and good and your blessings will continue.
Post a Comment