Yea! CHRISTMAS!

 

Can you tell...the Christmas spirit is here. I love it! I love all the decorations, the lights, trees, and the cold weather! Carter has been asking when Christmas aka Santa is going to be here. Santa is actually going to be at the mall on Saturday. We may have to go see him for 1 of many times. Can you believe this little chubby thing is Santa Carter?!
I want to start some new traditions this year to keep from now on. One thing I want to start doing is make Jesus a birthday cake on Christmas Eve with Carter. I want to make a really fancy one. If your family does something really neat that you wouldn't mind sharing...please do! I love traditions!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Barker Crew said...

WOW --- your page makes me want to jump in the holiday spirit! Too cute!

We are going to start a tradition of giving Baize three gifts at christmas to represent the three gifts brought to Jesus by the wise men. I think Christmas can get out of hand and I'm the worlds worst about 'over doing it', so this might be a way to keep things in perspective and remember the real reason! we'll see...

Can't wait for the big game this weekend --- GO TECH GO!!!!

Great keeping up with you guys!!! :)

Karri said...

Yea for Happy Birthday Jesus Cakes...this is a huge tradition!! I remember singing Happy Birthday when I was Brayden's age.

Russ and I do the same as the Barker Bunch and for the same reasons.

The Waldrips said...

This is very simple and maybe a bit cliche but before we open presents we always read the Christmas Story from the Bible with everyone gathered around to hear. It's just sweet and fun for everyone to step back and remember why Christmas is such a sweet season!!

LOVE YALL!! and see you in a few days!

oh and GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RED RAIDERS!!

Jennifer said...

We had a manger scene where baby Jesus was removable from the manger. He spent the month of December in the back room, but on Christmas morning we would put him in the manger and sing "Happy Birthday." It was simple, but worked for our family growing up. So, when Tim and I got married and I needed a manger scene, I shopped endlessly for one with a "removable Jesus." You should have seen the Hobby Lobby worker's face when I asked for that!